One of God’s greatest prophets was Elijah the Tishbite. God gave him a mighty work to do as he tried time after time to save Israel from their sins. Remind yourself of Elijah’s life and see whether you too can relate to the discouragement he felt at one point as he dealt with what seemed to be an impossible task. Take note the various events in his lifetime and the miracles he performed. Try to understand his goal and why he must have felt like a failure when Israel did not respond the way they should have (1 Kings 19:14), because he didn’t know about the 7,000 ‘successes’ he had.
Continue reading ELIJAH THE TISHBITE—DEALING WITH DEPRESSION
A monsoon is a seasonal change in the direction of the prevailing, or strongest, winds of a region. These winds cause wet and dry seasons throughout much of the tropics and are most often associated with the Indian Ocean. Monsoons always blow from cold to warm regions. The summer monsoon and the winter monsoon determine the climate for most of India and Southeast Asia. They regularly last for two months, so smile, get out your umbrellas and your rubber flip-flops because the rainy season will be here at least until January if the nation is blessed with that much water to fill the wells and increase groundwater.
Continue reading MONSOON SEASONS
As I was reading my mail this morning, this link: http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/research-confirms-antidepressant-autism-link/#vm6AETY7GeCYwsfC.99 came up in one message. Beware! It’s depressing reading.
Worry is the number one issue most Christians have had to face, and to learn to cope with, in their personal lives.
Even though we want to counter the blind, ignorant, “warm fuzzy” philosophies of the feel-good religions of the world, we also need to concentrate on encouraging Christians to trust God more and to overcome worry in the process.
- BE FEAR AND ANXIETY FREE—Jeremiah 17:7-8
- CAST ALL CARE UPON HIM—1 Peter 5:6-7
- DO NOT BE AFRAID OR TROUBLED—1 Peter 3:13-14
- DON’T PANIC!—Psalm 25:17
- GOD CARES—Matthew 6:24-33
- GOD IS OUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH—Psalms 46:1-3
- GOD SHALL SUPPLY—Philippians 4:19
- HOW TO HAVE WORRY FREE DAYS—1 Peter 3:10-12
- IS SUFFERING GOD’S WILL?—1 Peter 3:17-18
- IT IS VAIN TO EAT THE BREAD OF SORROWS—Psalm 127:1-2
- LEARN TO BE CONTENT—Philippians 4:11
- LEARN TO WAIT—Isaiah 40:31
- LEST YOUR HEARTS BE WEIGHED DOWN—Luke 21:34
- MY HIDING PLACE—Psalms 32:7
- PEACE OF GOD—Philippians 4:6-7
- REFUGE IN TIME OF TROUBLE—Psalms 9:9-10
- RUNNING THE RACE WITH PATIENCE—Hebrews 12:1
- SUFFERING ACCORDING TO HIS WILL—1 Peter 4:19
- TAKE NO THOUGHT—Matthew 6:25
- THIS IS THANKWORTHY (GRACE/FAVOR)—1 Peter 2:19-24
- TRIALS MAY BE NECESSARY—1 Peter 1:6-9
- TROUBLED ABOUT MANY THINGS—Luke 10:41-42
- TRUST—Hebrews 2:13
- TURN CONFLICTS TO BLESSINGS—Romans 8:37-39
- WHY ARE YOU ANXIOUS?—Luke 12:25-26
- WHY OBEY THE GOVERNMENT?–Daniel 4:17; Romans 13:1