The Issue is NOT:
- If it is fun or not.
- The possibility of winning.
- The legalization by the civil authorities.
- Will it provide for revenue?
- Who is doing it.
- What your opinion is about it.
- A personal like or dislike.
- If the money is used for some good cause.
- If it saves me from paying more taxes.
THE ISSUE IS:
- Does the Bible authorize it?
- Is it Scriptural?
- Are there precepts that either condemn or authorize gambling?
The Bible does not mention the word “Gamble.” There are many principles that must be applied.
- The principle does not vary with the amount.
- Matching pennies or marbles for keeps
- Blackjack for $1,000s or a $1.00 Lottery ticket
- The principles are the same.
- There are three proper ways for property to change ownership.The Bible principles teach us that gambling is – “The placing at risk what is not yours in a greedy, lazy (unwilling to work) attempt to obtain material things from others with evil fruit and loss of self-control as the result.”
- Labor agreement
- Fair exchange
- The Scriptures teach us that gambling is: The placing at risk what is not yours in a greedy, lazy (unwilling to work) attempt to obtain material things from others with evil fruit and loss of self-control as the result.